Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, PaperWorks Industries is a leading, integrated North American full-service provider of recycled paperboard and specialized folding cartons for packaging applications.
Our purpose is clear. To deliver innovative, value-added packaging solutions to the world while making it a better place for all.
At PaperWorks, we are committed to the highest sustainable forestry and procurement standards. Product certifications include the Forest Stewardship Council and 100% Recycled Paperboard Alliance.
• Establish, optimize and maintain process parameters; reduce process variation and improve process capabilities by applying scientific principles; apply quality/engineering tools including FMEAs, statistical analysis, DOEs and industry best practices.
• Write specifications and performance requirements for flexo printing process
• Evaluate alternatives, obtain quotations and make recommendations for tooling, process improvement, and equipment needs
• Train personnel on processing techniques and parameters, use of process monitoring, troubleshooting, root cause analysis techniques, and problem resolution
• Support and provide technical expertise for new graphic initiatives/projects
• Works with press teams and technical facilitators to ensure press tooling is available and maintained
• Works with press crews to develop clear understanding of Flexo print required attributes such as Dot Gain, Density and Delta E (DE), values and to improve efficiency of make ready procedures
• Coordinates with other departments to optimize scheduling, make ready times, and CI improvements
• Lead process improvement projects related to safety, quality, and productivity issues
• Support new product development projects representing manufacturing requirements including design and process feasibility
• Work with the operations and maintenance teams to implement PM measures to ensure equipment is well maintained for safe and reliable operation to meet product specifications
• Utilize process monitoring systems and statistical process control to establish predictive quality yield
• Support continuous improvement efforts to improve safety, quality, productivity, scrap reduction, cost reduction and attainment of company profitability goals
• Bachelor’s degree in packaging science or engineering, preferably mechanical or manufacturing from an accredited institution
• Three (3) years of experience with flexo printing.
• Ability to read and interpret information, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal, teambuilding and leadership skills
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and implement solutions to correct
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (word, excel, outlook, powerpoint, Microsoft Project)
• Must be detail oriented, organized and energetic