Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
The Buyer/Planner is responsible for analyzing customer SKU level forecasts and producing replenishment orders while maintaining appropriate inventory and driving MOQs.
- Analyzes customer SKU level forecasts and creates production orders to support demand.
- Creates purchase orders and coordinates with vendors on delivery dates to support production plan.
- Coordinates item transitions (new items, work-down items and promotions) with the customer while planning the appropriate PWI resources to minimize excess or obsolete inventory.
- Identifies problems or performance issues that affect the supply chain area and initiates a problem-solving process if appropriate.
- Issues SKU level replenishment orders based on customer demand and inventory goals and manages the creation of Production Orders and BTF’s.
- Monitors supplier/customer conformance to contract terms and reports variances.
- Makes delivery commitments on make and ship products to include checking uncommitted material and availability of capacity.
- Adheres to formal planning processes and systems usage.
- Communicates with customers and internal resources as required to insure proper information is relayed appropriately.
- Elevates issues as appropriate to Master Scheduler and other internal resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Material Management or related field/equivalent experience.
- Experience planning/scheduling in a high volume 24-hour manufacturing facility preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret information, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal, teambuilding and leadership skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and implement solutions to correct.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and energetic.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook). Strong Excel and PowerPoint capabilities required.
- MRP/ERP system experience and knowledge.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed