Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, PaperWorks Industries is a leading, integrated North American full-service provider of recycled paperboard and specialized folding cartons for packaging applications.
Our purpose is clear. To deliver innovative, value-added packaging solutions to the world while making it a better place for all.
At PaperWorks, we are committed to the highest sustainable forestry and procurement standards. Product certifications include the Forest Stewardship Council and 100% Recycled Paperboard Alliance.
• Responsible for the planning, implementation and validation process for each assigned project, including but not limited to graphic design, final customer acceptable print, acquiring graphics and technical specifications;
• Ensure a smooth transition of new products into production;
• Transfer customer art work and design(s) into in-process specifications for multiple print process types;
• Coordinate with manufacturing and other functional groups in order to meet customer release dates for on-time delivery for new initiatives and trial material(s);
• Request new estimates and revised sales quotas, as needed;
• Deal directly with customers and sales team(s) on a routine basis;
• Monitor the Bills of Material (BOM), routings and quality control tests;
• Work with the manufacturing team(s) to analyze product performance to ensure accuracy of the data in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, including but not limited to speeds, wastes and routing
• Work with the manufacturing team(s) following initial trials to retrieve data to quantify speed and waste factors within the current and standard BOM
• Work with customers, manufacturing and quality on any quality-related issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study from an accredited institution and 5+ years’ experience in high volume multi-shift / multi-site operations in the Packaging industry or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of press layouts, inks, cylinders and dies used in print industry.
• Ability to read and interpret information, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal, teambuilding and leadership skills.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and implement solutions to correct.
• Must be detail oriented, organized and energetic.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• SyteLine MRP system experience and knowledge preferred.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.