Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, PaperWorks Industries is a leading, integrated North American full-service provider of recycled paperboard and specialized folding cartons for packaging applications.
Our purpose is clear. To deliver innovative, value-added packaging solutions to the world while making it a better place for all.
At PaperWorks, we are committed to the highest sustainable forestry and procurement standards. Product certifications include the Forest Stewardship Council and 100% Recycled Paperboard Alliance.
• Responsible for effectively managing direct reports, including training, coaching, and disciplining on safety, quality, and productivity performance measures.
• Responsible for communicating job expectations, monitoring, appraising performance and recommending compensation.
• Establish, maintain and promote high standards of customer service, including quality parameters, on time production goals, and customer on time delivery.
• Monitor and manage resources utilization to assure maximum efficiencies.
• Plan and assign work, implement policies and procedures and recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
• Maintain plant organization and housekeeping, including the proper segregation and accounting of non-conforming material, and implementing corrective actions as required.
• Keep equipment operating safely by enforcing proper use in accordance with operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, and managing preventive maintenance and repairs.
• Responsible for operating within policies & procedures, and maintaining compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements; including compliance with Occupational Health and Safety procedures.
• Associate’s degree in management, business administration or a related field of study from an accredited institution and 3+ years supervisory experience in high volume multi-shift / multi-site operation or equivalent combination of education and experience. Packaging industry experience preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret information, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal, teambuilding and leadership skills.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and implement solutions to correct.
• Must be detail oriented, organized and energetic.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• MRP/ERP system experience and knowledge. SyteLine MRP system experience and knowledge preferred.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.