Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, PaperWorks Industries is a leading, integrated North American full-service provider of recycled paperboard and specialized folding cartons for packaging applications.
Our purpose is clear. To deliver innovative, value-added packaging solutions to the world while making it a better place for all.
At PaperWorks, we are committed to the highest sustainable forestry and procurement standards. Product certifications include the Forest Stewardship Council and 100% Recycled Paperboard Alliance.
• Review scheduling of manpower as well as production schedule to optimize work in prepress department
• Facilitate and evaluate effectiveness of employee training. Proactively seek new and improved methodologies for work, sustainability, and training.
• Manage inventory of supplies needed for department
• Work with customers and technical department as needed on new graphic initiatives to determine most effective way to meet design intent utilizing the Flexo print process.
• Work with graphic art houses, separators and plate suppliers to implement new graphic initiatives and work through any prepress-related issues
• Evaluate and test different print required tools including plate material, print sleeves and anilox rolls to determine highest quality end result
• Maintain inventory of tooling, such as mandrels, chambers, print sleeves and anilox rolls required for Flexo presses
• Implement and audit process for cleaning and maintenance of tooling, including chambers, print sleeves, print plates, chambers, and anilox rolls
• Support troubleshooting of press side print related issues and work to determine root cause and corrective action.
• Develop press layouts with accurate mark placement to determine proper tooling required and effective color control measuring
• Provide support during press approval process, including attending customer meeting, providing press side assistance, and documenting trial plan and results
• Oversee all flexo Premake departments and die room, including the plate reorder process, sleeve and anilox roll management, employee training, and maintenance of plate mounting equipment
• Develop and maintain processes for tooling management and training requirements
• Facilitate reduction in press downtime related to tooling.
• Function as a resource to support the technical team as needed with any new improvement initiative related to press or die cutter tooling.
• Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives
• Associate’s degree in management, business administration or a related field of study from an accredited institution and 3+ years supervisory experience in high volume multi-shift / multi-site operation or equivalent combination of education and experience. 3+ years experience specific to flexographic printing.
• Ability to read and interpret information, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal, teambuilding and leadership skills.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and implement solutions to correct.
• Must be detail oriented and organized.
• Able to work various shifts as required
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• MRP/ERP system experience and knowledge. SyteLine MRP system experience and knowledge preferred.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.