Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, PaperWorks Industries is a leading, integrated North American full-service provider of recycled paperboard and specialized folding cartons for packaging applications.
Our purpose is clear. To deliver innovative, value-added packaging solutions to the world while making it a better place for all.
At PaperWorks, we are committed to the highest sustainable forestry and procurement standards. Product certifications include the Forest Stewardship Council and 100% Recycled Paperboard Alliance.
• Responsible for reviewing, approving and emailing certificates of analysis as prepared by the Quality Control staff.
• Oversee the material review board, reporting nonconforming product status, generate dispositions.
• Report nonconforming ppms and scrap analysis.
• Advising operators and management of defect identification, recommending containment and immediate corrective actions.
• Responsible for sample collection, customer requirements, PQP samples and submitting as per requirements.
• Oversee the maintenance of the retain room.
• Manage the gage calibration system and enter calibration data into the gage program.
• Ensure work required for design of experiments are in a timely, accurate manor.
• Train Quality Control personnel on new work instructions, test methods, identify critical to quality characteristics.
• Manage storage and retrieval of test results.
• Responsible for operating within policies & procedures, and maintaining compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements; including compliance with Occupational Health and Safety procedures.
• High school diploma or GED and 10+ years’ experience in high volume multi-shift / multi-site operation. Associates degree or technical certificate in engineering or quality-related field preferred.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and implement solutions to correct.
• Basic math and computer skills; knowledge of statistics preferred
• Observant, detail oriented and organized; must utilize a logical and methodical approach to issues.
• Ability to read and interpret information.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• SyteLine MRP system experience and knowledge preferred.
• Ability to read and write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.