Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, PaperWorks Industries is a leading, integrated North American full-service provider of recycled paperboard and specialized folding cartons for packaging applications.
Our purpose is clear. To deliver innovative, value-added packaging solutions to the world while making it a better place for all.
At PaperWorks, we are committed to the highest sustainable forestry and procurement standards. Product certifications include the Forest Stewardship Council and 100% Recycled Paperboard Alliance.
• Responsible for maintaining quality parameters, Quality Roadmap, supplier credits, customer credits and corrective actions
• Responsible for responding to customer complaints with immediate corrective actions.
• Collects and distributes information for 5-why analysis and understanding.
• Audits the 5-why action items to confirm effectiveness.
• Back up for Quality Assurance Supervisor (not supervisor activities)
• Assist with training on procedures and protocols in support of ongoing or new certification for continued operations and satisfaction of customer requirements.
• Ensures internal quality audits are completed as scheduled and findings are communicated to proper management personnel for corrective actions, including but not limited to transition point audits, PacSecure, Audit 1 (P&G), FSC/SFI.
• Member of the HACCP team, participates in vendor management with Logistics,
• Conducts, reviews and participates in formal problem - solving and customer response activities, i.e. 5-Why, A3, 8D.
• Understanding and training in statistical product and process control. Reviews and analyses R&R studies, oversees DOE’s, establish statistical tools and assists in training,
• Responsible for operating within policies & procedures, and maintaining compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements; including compliance with Occupational Health and Safety procedures and SafeStart practices.
• Maintains plant organization and housekeeping, including the proper segregation and accounting of non-conforming material, and implementing corrective actions as required.
• Associates’ degree in a related field of study from an accredited institution and 10+ years’ experience in high volume multi-shift / multi-site operation or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with PaperWorks Quality preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret information, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal, teambuilding and leadership skills.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and implement solutions to correct.
• Must be detail oriented, organized and energetic.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• MRP system experience and knowledge preferred.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.