Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, PaperWorks Industries is a leading, integrated North American full-service provider of recycled paperboard and specialized folding cartons for packaging applications.
Our purpose is clear. To deliver innovative, value-added packaging solutions to the world while making it a better place for all.
At PaperWorks, we are committed to the highest sustainable forestry and procurement standards. Product certifications include the Forest Stewardship Council and 100% Recycled Paperboard Alliance.
• Defines & implements process improvements and standardization in all flexo departments including evaluation of different print tools and new printing plate technologies
• Leads technical resource(s) in ensuring adequate processes are in place for safety, quality, production, etc. within the department
• Supports and provides technical expertise for new graphic initiatives/projects
• Coordinates with press technical resources to support development of press layouts and tooling requirements
• Provides troubleshooting assistance for press side issues related to tooling, quality, color, and printability.
• Supports preventive maintenance programs for all areas of responsibility
• Works with press teams and technical facilitators to ensure press tooling is available and maintained
• Works with press crews to develop clear understanding of Flexo print required attributes such as Dot Gain, Density and Delta E (DE), values and to improve efficiency of make ready procedures
• Coordinates with other departments to optimize scheduling, make ready times, and CI improvements
• Works with technical mentor and HR to develop and implement training plans for production crews
• Assists with resolution of any customer print issues.
• Provides guidance to production manager on new projects for material pricing, technical requirements and availability.
• Advises Management on new technologies, business opportunities and provides support for estimates
• Associate’s degree in management, business administration or a related field of study from an accredited institution and 5+ years’ flexographic printing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience within the packaging industry in a high volume, multi-shift, multi-site operation preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret information, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal, teambuilding and leadership skills.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and implement solutions to correct.
• Must be detail oriented, organized and energetic.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• SyteLine system experience and knowledge preferred.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.