Founded in 2008 and Headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, PaperWorks Industries, Inc. is a leading North American integrated full-service packaging provider. With nine facilities and more than 1,500 employees across North America, encompassing everything from CRB manufacturing to top-quality carton-making, we are committed to providing environmentally responsible, high-quality, specialty solutions that drive performance and deliver growth for our customers.
What does PaperWorks stand for? Consistency. The values we project outward are the same as the ones we prize inside the Company - Teamwork, Quality, the Environment and Employee Safety.
The Financial accountant helps prepare financial statements and supports various corporate assignments. Reviews work prepared by staff and assists accounting staff on complex reconciliations and financial analysis, interpretation and reporting; payroll issues; special projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Researches and analyzes financial and operating data, including planning and implementation of selected solutions.
• Reviews and prepares year-end reports
• Assists with tax issues that may arise, bank account setups, transfers, and reconciliations; Deposits and corporate A/P review
• Reviews accounting processes and recommend changes as needed
• Responsible for operating within policies & procedures, and maintaining compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements; including compliance with Occupational Health and Safety procedures and SafeStart practices.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, business administration or a related field of study from an accredited institution and 3+ years management experience in high volume multi-shift / multi-site operation or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret information, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal, teambuilding and leadership skills.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and implement solutions to correct.
• Must be detail oriented, organized and energetic.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook) is a must.
• MRP/ERP system experience and knowledge. SyteLine MRP system experience and knowledge preferred.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.