Founded in 2008 and Headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, PaperWorks Industries, Inc. is a leading North American integrated full-service packaging provider. With nine facilities and more than 1,500 employees across North America, encompassing everything from CRB manufacturing to top-quality carton-making, we are committed to providing environmentally responsible, high-quality, specialty solutions that drive performance and deliver growth for our customers.
What does PaperWorks stand for? Consistency. The values we project outward are the same as the ones we prize inside the Company - Teamwork, Quality, the Environment and Employee Safety.
The Maintenance Technician will repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
Summary of essential job functions and responsibilities:
• Troubleshoots and assesses root causes or deficiencies in mechanical operations, which requires experience and training in mechanical and electrical functions of production equipment.
• Diagnoses and executes repairs in a safe and efficient manner.
• Assesses machine capacities, rate standards, and other related production data in order to bring equipment back to standard capacities.
• Communicates status of work orders or emergency repairs to supervisor or manager and enlists further resources as needed.
• Consults with operators, maintenance lead or manager, and other end-users to determine safest and most cost effective repairs.
• Coordinates with lead or manager to outsource vendor support if repairs exceed expertise.
• Evaluates Job Close Outs using insight into the estimating system and job knowledge to determine discrepancies and identify action items to address the discrepancies.
• Always looks for ways to save time and money in repairs, preventative maintenance, and outsourcing opportunities.
• Keep equipment operating safely by enforcing proper use in accordance with operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, and managing preventive maintenance and repairs.
• Associates or technical degree in engineering, mechanics or a related field of study from an accredited institution or journeyman certification nd 3+ years’ experience in high volume multi-shift / multi-site operation or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Highly proficient in electrical troubleshooting.
• Ability to read and interpret information, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal, teambuilding and leadership skills.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and implement solutions to correct.
• Ability to utilize computerized systems for tracking maintenance work; able to communicate and perform other necessary functions using Microsoft tools.
• Must be detail oriented, organized and energetic.