- Responsible for the optimum production output, and the efficient, quality standard operation of the Finishing machines and its departments employees.
- Responsible for the efficient operation and quality output for all areas of responsibility.
- Schedule employees and equipment with department.
- Oversee all employees in areas of responsibility and be their liaison to management and other departments.
- Monitor in process jobs for conformity to procedure, quality, and production; examine job jacket and job control procedure sheet for accuracy and completeness.
- Assure all employees operate the window and glue machines in proper and safe environment instruct if necessary.
- Adhere to all quality specifications and color standard procedures.
- Inform Quality Manager of any quality problems/variances immediately.
- Ensure production schedules are available at machines daily to keep within schedules.
- Monitor adherence to job unity and total line clearance in applicable areas of responsibility.
- Constantly monitor window/glue machines for supplies/material availability.
- Plan and implement preventative maintenance for the window/glue machines, record any breakdowns in maintenance book and order machine parts/services when needed.
- Assist Window/Glue machine feeder with each job start-up, assist in machine breakdown and instruct for efficient operations.
- Provide training of employees whether specific areas of training are delegated to other individuals or subordinates.
- Assist in requisitions for replacement workers or needed increase of workers.
- Assist in interviewing and hiring, when authorized employees within the Finishing Department.
- Help with reprimands and give employees positive and negative feedback when needed.
- 2 yrs previous experience in a finishing department in printing industry
- High School diploma or GED
- Previous experience in a lead position
- Available to work 3rd shift
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed