Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, PaperWorks Industries is a leading, integrated North American full-service provider of recycled paperboard and specialized folding cartons for packaging applications.
Our purpose is clear. To deliver innovative, value-added packaging solutions to the world while making it a better place for all.
At PaperWorks, we are committed to the highest sustainable forestry and procurement standards. Product certifications include the Forest Stewardship Council and 100% Recycled Paperboard Alliance.
PaperWorks Industries is looking for a full-time press operator for our state of the art Gallus printing press.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Provide work direction to press team throughout make ready and operating cycle.
• Operate press, troubleshoot and make process adjustments for optimum quality.
• Monitor work in process for efficient adherence to specifications.
• Coach and train other crew members in accomplishing team objectives.
• Inspects cartons and color register and provides technical guidance to other team members.
• Performs other duties as required
• Responsible for operating within policies & procedures, and maintaining compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements; including compliance with Occupational Health and Safety procedures
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Three (3) years of successful flexo press operator experience, including UV
• Demonstrated ability to make-ready the press
• Demonstrated understanding of color matching
• Attention to detail in communication and documentation
• Basic computer skills – Word, Excel and Outlook
• Ability to read and interpret information, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule